Day 8 – July 6, 2016
Denver – Rocky Mountain National Park – Denver
110 miles (roundtrip) 2 ½ hours
Today was a rough day. SO this update will be brief.
The day started off good. It was a beautiful day and we took
a gorgeous drive over the mountains, on our way to Rocky Mountain National
Park. We were all excited to go hiking and see the sites. Okay – that may be an
exaggeration. Momma was excited to go hiking.
The park is beautiful. See some of the pics below. We were
going to drive to Grand Lake – on the other side of the park, but it was going
to be a four hour round trip drive and I don’t know, I decided to have mercy on
the little warriors. Thank the Lord above I did, because...
We chose to drive to Bear Lake, and then hike to Bierstadt
Lake. I will spare you a play by play – but at about ¾ of mile in, disaster
struck. Everyone is alive, and we have no broken bones, and no one went to
jail. Oh God, I really can’t tell you anything else, other than to say someone
has either a virus or is experiencing wicked side effects from some new
medication. We had to abort the hike and leave the park. That it is all…
Catch you tomorrow.







No comments:
Post a Comment