July 2, 2015 – Day 30
Omaha, NE/Lincoln, NE-St. Louis, MO
45 minutes - 50 miles/7 hours – 432 miles
Renaissance St. Louis
My apologies for posting this sooooo late. The last two days
of our road trip were long, and we just wanted to get home. There was very
little sightseeing, so I didn’t think to post. Then I received a bunch of
emails from people wondering where we were… I’m so sorry! We were only home for
a couple of days, before heading to Florida, and time just got away from me.
From Omaha, we took a westward detour to Lincoln, NE, so we
could tour the capitol building. You know me and my capitals. It was worth the
time, because Lincoln is a fantastic little city. I sort of regret that we didn’t
stay there, instead of Omaha. The Capitol is beautiful and of course, the
people were very nice.
Then we headed east, for long haul across Missouri,
sometimes driving through rain. The kids fought the whole time. When I pulled
up to the hotel, I was fragged. Hotel was beautiful and empty! Guess the St.
Louis airport isn’t a popular Fourth of July hang-out.
We ordered room service for the children and Rich and I had
dinner downstairs in the hotel dining room. We had the place to ourselves!






No comments:
Post a Comment