Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Friday, June 19, 2015

Fargo, ND


June 17, 2016 – Day 15
Minneapolis, MN – Fargo, ND
250 miles/4 hours
Residence Inn Fargo, Rm 422

Aud and I woke up early and headed to the gym. 6 a.m. early – I guess it pays to go to bed early. After, we had breakfast, while Hunter put his miles in. The gym had an indoor track, which was cool (but I’m sure boring).

After breakfast, I got to meet yet another blogging friend, Nina Badzin. Nina was the very first blogger I ever connected with. In fact, we met on-line before I even launched the Latchkey Mom. It’s a long story that I won’t bore you with, but Nina is the bomb! She is a big supporter of new bloggers and very much respected in the industry. I cannot stress enough what a help she’s been to me or how much I admire her. Basically, I got to meet a blogger rock star! Oh, and she wrote a post about our meeting. You can read it by clicking here.

Then we were on the road again, heading northwest into unchartered territory. From here on out, everywhere we go is a new adventure – somewhere we’ve never been before. Giddy up!
We pulled in with enough time to visit the zoo, but the kids didn’t want to do that. Who am I to beg them? I’ve been to enough zoos in my life. I do feel bad for Bear, though, and will make it up to him when we go to “Bear World” in a few weeks.

After checking in, we headed to the mall, which was quite nice. We had to buy gifts for Rich, because he’ll be with us for Father’s Day and his birthday, which is next Tuesday. We also made a pit stop at Target, to stock up on supplies and then I stopped a Barnes and Noble. Hello! Macy’s, Target, Barnes and Noble, I believe I could live here. And as an added bonus – it was gorgeous weather. Sunny skies, with the temperature in the 70’s. In North Dakota.

Just when I was believing that Fargo had gone corporate, I spotted the venue where we’d be eating dinner – Shotgun Sally’s, a rock-n-roll salon. Oh, Rich is going to be so disappointed that he missed it. The food was cheap – and fantastic. Back at the hotel, the kids swam, I read, and it stayed light out until 10 p.m.

Quote of the day:

We were in the elevator, on our way to the pool, when a man and his son got on with us. Cammy greeted them with a sunny hello. But then he screamed, “Oh no!” He looked down at himself and declared, “I’m half naked!” She slammed his hands across his chest and covered his pectorals. “Don’t look at me. I’m serious. Do. Not. Look. At. Me!”




Nina and me. 



 Dinner at Shotgun Sally's!


No comments:

Post a Comment