Road Warrior Momma

Road Warrior Momma

Friday, June 13, 2014

Reunion with a Sibling in Providence

June 10, 2014 – Day 14
Amherst, MA/Providence RI
113 miles/1 hour 45 minutes


Okay, we are having trouble waking up in the morning!  All of us.  I don’t understand it.  Except for Hunter, we’re all early-risers, but this was another 9a.m. morning.  And we didn’t hit the road until 11!!!!  Wha-wha?

It was an easy drive to Providence, but it was a bummer because it was cloudy and grey – and chilly with the wind.  We got to the Capitol, with little problem and did a quick self-guided tour.  There was a candidate for Governor, Allan Fung, who was having a press conference right inside the building, under the dome.  There weren’t many people there, so I imagine that’s not good for a candidate – and then in blows the Smith Storm.  We’re not quiet or discreet – especially under a dome.  Bear was very excited jumping up and down making his typical noises and the cameraman glared at us.  We moved quickly!



It was ok, because we were meeting up with an old friend/neighbor from Georgia.  Rose and I were room moms together the year Hunter was in kindergarten.  Her daughter, Anna, used to hang out with Hunter.  It was cute.  Unfortunately, Anna was in school, but Rose made the drive in to the city for a visit.  And she was a trooper, tagging along with us to tour the Brown campus, where my mom went to college.


The kids with Rose.




After Rose left, the kids and eye found our hotel – which was not easy (a long, boring & frustrating story).  I took the kids to dinner and then we met up with my sister Kendall and her family.  Most of you know that I didn’t learn that Kendall was my sister until I was thirty.  Perhaps someday I will blog about it, but suffice it to say – it’s a long story.  I haven’t seen her for a couple years, so it was nice to have some wine and catch up.  Her daughter is Audrey’s age and they got along fabulously.  Her husband joined us and he is so nice, I loved getting to know him.  The boys joined us for a little while, but I sent them to the room after Bear got bored.  Kendall, Jim and I ended up closing down the Courtyard Bar – one night is not enough to catch up!  


No comments:

Post a Comment